Johns Island Presbyterian Church, hear the call to sail in our faith as God’s people in this time and place! Since the beginning of this year, a task group appointed by the Session has prayerfully been planning how our whole church could be invited to discern where God is calling us to serve in ministry.
After much time in prayer, it was recommended and approved by the Session that Joan Gray be invited for a special weekend, August 18, 19, and 20 to lead a retreat for church leaders and a special Sunday of worship and fellowship on the “Sailboat Church.” It is based on one of the earliest symbols of the church being a sailboat and our call to partner with God to serve in the world. Joan Gray, author of the book, “Sailboat Church”, will join us for several days.
So, here is what’s been planned:
- Friday, August 18, 7:00 P.M. – Church leadership meets with Joan Gray
- Saturday, August 19,
- 8:30 A.M.-3:30 P.M. -Prayer vigil in the Sanctuary (different members taking assigned 30 minutes to pray for the church)
- 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. – Church leadership retreat with Joan Gray AND
- Sunday, August 20
- 8:45 A.M. – Retreat follow-up
- 9:00 A.M. – Sunday School
- 10:00 A.M. – Worship
- 11:00 A.M. – Fellowship with Q & A
May this be a special time for our congregation to grow together!
The Sailing Task Group: Alice Hills, John Feldman, Kevin Garvey, Laurey Murphy
Open hearts and open doors welcome you to Johns Island Presbyterian Church! As brothers and sisters in Christ, we are committed to nourishing one another, growing spiritually, and spreading God’s love through word, deed, and service to our neighboring communities. We invite you to visit when in town and become a part of our family of faith by making Johns Island Presbyterian Church your church home.