Adult Discipleship at Johns Island Presbyterian Church is designed first and foremost to glorify God and build up the Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:12). Continuing to learn about the Triune God is our joyful response of worship and gratitude to the Father who has created us, the Son who has redeemed us, and the Holy Spirit who has called us into a relationship with Him.
Through our adult discipleship programs we seek to provide opportunities for discipleship so our members can mature in their faith and understanding (Colossians 1:28).
Our hope is that as we “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18) we will be transformed daily into his image (Romans 8:29) and will share the Gospel with our community.
Adult Class Schedule:
Please join us every Sunday at 9:40 in Fellowship Hall for coffee and conversation.
Sunday 10 AM (See church map for classroom locations)
We have three Adult classes and they are always accepting new members and guests.
- The Seekers meet in Fellowship Hall today to continue their study of Genesis: In the Beginning.
- The Heavenly Hopefuls meet in the History Room in the Annex of the Sanctuary and continue their discussion of 1 Samuel. Contact Skip Grooms for more information.
- The Library Class meets in the Library/Parlor of the Administration Building and will begin studying Adam Hamilton’s book, Making Sense of the Bible. Contact Tim White for more information.
- The Women’s Bible Study meets in the Fellowship Hall on Tuesday from 10:00 – 11:30, unless otherwise indicated. They start a new study by Jim Cymbala: Lie -changing Prayer. Contact Alice Hills.
- Tuesday Night Small Group meets at member’s homes at 6:30 p.m. for desert and study. Contact Jan Eubanks.
- Men’s Breakfast Bible Study (Fellowship Hall) enjoy breakfast at 8:00 a.m. and then continues with in-depth Bible study. Contact Charlie Lawson
Following our Reformed Presbyterian heritage, our adult educational opportunities demonstrate our commitment to Scripture as the Word of God “given by inspiration of God to be the rule of faith and life” (Westminster Confession of Faith, I.2). As a result, we seek to emphasize in-depth Biblical study of the Old and New Testaments within the Reformed theological tradition. If you have any questions or would like more information please the Church office at (843) 559 – 9380