Johns Island Presbyterian Church Nursery Assistant
Position: Part time
Pay Rate: consistent with experience
Primary Function: The Nursery Attendant is responsible for the oversight of the nursery ministry in order that infants, and toddlers (newborn to age three), and families using the nursery will experience the love of God in a safe, nurturing environment.
Hours of Work: 8:15 – 12:15 each Sunday; Summer hours (June through August) 8:45 – 11:15. Must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the opening of the nursery and remain onsite until all children are securely placed with their parent, guardian, irresponsible adult.
Must be available to work holidays that fall on a Sunday. May be asked about availability to work additional hours for extra services such as Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, etc.
Job Responsibilities: The individual in this position is:
1. Responsible for age-appropriate care which includes: bottle feeding, changing diapers, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, sitting with, and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, and play.
2. Helping to ensure that curriculum is maintained and used for lessons with children during nursery.
3. Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers; usually works alongside 1-2 other employees.
4. Keep nursery environment clean and free of unused toys and clutter.
5. Report to the CE Elder and/or Director of Christian Education and the Personnel Committee.
6. Communicate in advance to the CE Elder or Director of Christian Education of any absences: 1) Planned absences must be given two weeks notice. 2) In the case of last-minute illness, contact the CE Elder or Director of Christian Education by telephone at least 1 hour prior to shift so a replacement may be found.
Detailed Skills & Experience:
Experienced in the care of children, 0-3 years of age, with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities/characteristics.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Willing to submit to background check and drug screenings.
Provide two references from unrelated sources.