Our staff, Elders, and volunteers provide comfort, care, and compassion to the church family, friends, and the community through a variety of ministries. It is the goal of these ministries and programs to serve and glorify God through service to others. If you are called to help with any of these, or if you are in need of any of the support listed, please contact the church office.
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience….And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Col. 3:12, 14.
- The Shepherds Ministry: A group of volunteers is responsible for encouraging fellowship and caring among the congregation by regular and systematic contact to express love, comfort, concern, and support throughout the year. Each member of the church is assigned a Shepherd, and efforts are made to establish at least one contact per month.
- The Pastoral Care Ministry: Through home and hospital visits, this ministry reaches out to people with special needs, such as those who are homebound, ill, or hospitalized.
- The Prayer Team: The Prayer Team offers intercessory prayer on behalf of those who are in need of prayer, and for whom special prayer concerns have been expressed. All prayer requests are kept confidential.
- The Friendship Ministry: Visitors are always welcome at Johns Island Presbyterian Church. The Friendship Ministry extends that welcome by reaching out to those who visit through a handwritten note, a phone call, or e-mail.
- The Prayer Quilt Ministry: “Made with love and tied with prayers”, these handmade quilts have made their way to individuals in all areas of the country as a tangible reminder of the prayers offered by the JIPC church family.
- The Bereavement Ministry: This ministry offers support for family and friends following the service of remembrance and celebration of life for their loved one. Meals are prepared and served for the family upon request.