Note: JIPC is in process of starting new and improved programs back and not all of the previous activities listed below have been fully reinstated. Contact the church office for information.
Christian education is very important to the life, health, and spiritual formation of the congregation of Johns Island Presbyterian Church. From our youngest to the oldest disciples, all followers of Christ have the opportunity to engage with Christian education programs at JIPC which provide space for formation of transformative faith. Some of our programs are divided by age and some are intergenerational.
Vision Statement of Christian Education at Johns Island Presbyterian Church
Grounded in the Lord Jesus Christ, all ages are nurtured and equipped in the faith to share God’s love. This vision is to be lived out by studying God’s Word and its relevance to daily life; celebrating and interpreting the rituals and traditions of our life in community; practicing spiritual disciples; and reflecting on our experiences of serving others.
Programs (All may be joined at any time)
- One adult class meets in our church library in the administration building. This class usually spends discussion connecting our faith to current events and our own individual lives. They are studying The Psalms.
- Another adult class, God’s Greatest Hits weekly reflection is studying the 50 key stories from the Bible.
- We have a nursery class for infants through 3 year old children that meets in the fellowship hall. Our nursery is staffed with paid, trained, staff members.
- We have an elementary class for our 4 year old – 3rd grade children that meets in the fellowship hall.
- We have an elementary class for our 4th and 5th grade elementary age children that meets in the room in the back of sanctuary, upstairs on the left.
- Our youth, middle and high school, meet in the room upstairs in the sanctuary, on the right. High schoolers are invited to either attend this class, or an adult class, whichever they prefer.
During the Week
- Our Sunday evening program for the academic year is Kids For Christ (KFC). On Sunday evenings, our children’s and youth ministry meet in the fellowship hall from 4:30-6pm. We have children and youth choir, games, and bible study, as well as dinner. We divide by age and alternate the schedule. (Children with choir while youth with bible study, then switch).
- Our Women’s Bible Study meets at 10am on Tuesday mornings beginning September 10. Contact Alice Hills, 843-568-6687, for more information about the women’s bible study
- Our Tuesday Night Small Group meets in participants’ homes on Tuesday evenings from 5:30-7:00 pm for Bible study. Contact Jan Eubank, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information about this group.
- Our Men’s Bible Study meets on Thursdays at 9 am in the fellowship hall and continues all year, including the summer! Contact Charlie Larsen, email@example.com, for more information.
- Additional small group opportunities for adults are in the works! Let us know what you are looking for!
Our library has over 800 books on theology, religion, ethics, church history, and parenting. We also have reference books to help you study Scripture and understand Reformed theology and Presbyterian Polity on a deeper level. Also available are many curriculum resources for children, youth, and adult studies.
In addition to books and curriculum, we also have DVDs and CDs on various topics. Sunday morning worship at JIPC can be found on the website.
Please feel free to stop by our church library and find a book or DVD that may help you grow in your Christian Faith. Please sign out all resources using the list located on Elizabeth’s office door.